I am a self-profess francophile. Albeit, I’ve never been to France. I love everything about the French culture. Their skin, their care-free attitude, their je ne sais quoi but most importantly, their style. What I admire most about the French girl style is their ability to never follow trends and simultaneously exude this effortless elegance. Let’s get a little Brigitte Bardot inspiration going on. Today, I’m going to show you 5 essentials for effortless French girl style.
1. Less is More. For the French women, less is more, less is effortless and less is fabulous. For example, if you are wearing dangling earrings, you most likely won’t wear any other jewelry. Also, you can’t mix materials in your jewelry, it’s either all gold or all silver. I personally prefer gold dainty or pearl studs jewelry like I wore in this outfit.
2. The Everyday flat/kitten heels The French women sex appeal doesn’t depend entirely on low-cut tops and high heels. Don’t get me wrong, I love high heels. The higher the heel, the closer to….. you know the rest. However, The French woman know how to make a simple ballet flat or kitten heels look like the sexiest item ever created.
3. Invest in bright red lipstick. I’ve preached this over and over and over and I’ll continuously do. The secret to effortless style is a red lipstick. Red lipsticks are powerful. French women are known to match their red nails to their red lipstick. Consistency is key. Red lipsticks can be different shades depending on the season or your mood but they’ll never wear blue, green, yellow or black on their lips.
4. When in Doubt, wear a hat. As you guys know, I love a great hat. Especially with bad hair day, a great hat will dress up anything from a bathing suit to a pantsuit. A signature hat worn adds the right amount of oomph to just about anything you put on. I paired a leather beret with my metallic tweed set from ShopMoonRiver. The leather beret gives the whole outfit an edge but still classy.
5. Structured bag. A simple structured bag is an essential for a french look. With a structured bag, you look smart and sleek while accommodating all your essentials. By going for a structured bag like the one I have here, you’ll surely make any outfit sophisticated, polished, and chic in no time.
Overall, just remember that French women are truly good at knowing what proper fit should look and feel like. Everything should be tailored to perfection but simplistic so. Remember, there is an exception to every rule, so do follow these ones as you please. Thank you for reading. Stay Fabulous.