There are plethora reasons why every woman should own a little black dress in her closet, but I’m going to speak about 5 main reasons today. Regardless of how many fashion trends come and go, a beautiful little black dress proves to the world that it’s a really classic piece! And this is actually the reason why the fashion world will never ignore the presence of the LBD. A little black dress flatters every body shape and works for each season. Also, during tight economic times, the “little black dress” is one of the best fashion investments you can make. Here are five good reasons to own the little black dress (LBD):
1. The little black dress never goes out of style. The little black dress was introduced to the fashion world by Coco Chanel and remains a timeless classic for every petite woman’s wardrobe. In 1926 Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel published a picture of a short, simple black dress in Vogue. It was calf-length, straight, and decorated only by a few diagonal lines. Vogue called it “Chanel’s Ford.” Like the Model T, the little black dress was simple and accessible for women of all social classes. Vogue also said that the LBD would become “a sort of uniform for all women of taste.”
2. The little black dress knocks pounds off every figure. Black is always elegant and always slimming. Whether you are a size 2 or a size 16, a pear-shape or an hourglass figure, the little black dress makes a flattering choice. Worrying that your recent weight gain will be obvious in that hugging red dress? When you have a little black dress, there’s nothing to worry about. It will hide your extra bulges and will make you look slimmer in seconds!
3. The little black dress looks right for any occasion. You can dress it up or dress it down. The best little black dresses go right from the office to a formal affair with just a change of accessories. You can be all business in a little black dress with a brightly colored jacket and patent leather pumps. That same little black dress paired pearls and strappy black beaded sandals can take you our for a night on the town! You can wear your little black dress to the clubbing night with the ladies, the college prom, the college reunion, the last minute date, the office meeting, the parents meet, and even for a funeral. LBD is a very practical piece of your wardrobe. So when in doubt, wear a little black dress!
4. It doesn’t cost a fortune to look simply fabulous. The beauty of the little black dress is that it is available in a wide variety of styles and price ranges. Stretch your clothing budget by choosing the little black dress in a seasonless fabric such as silk, wool jersey, wool crepe, or a poly/rayon blend. Black goes with every look, rocker chick, the professional, chic girl and the LBD is always a hit for Miss elegant! You can buy a lovely dress from H&M, Zara, Forever 21, Love Culture and lulus.com.
5. LBD helps to hide those visible stains
If you are anything like me and you can easily pour a cup of coffee on yourself. Many women choose to wear LBD, because it is a sure shot protection against visible stains. Even if you spill a cocktail all over your dress nobody will see it. So wear your little black dress to the party and don’t worry about stains!